- Design of road upgrades, urban freeways, highways and municipal streets including geometric layout, conceptual and final designs.
- Development of digital terrain models and proposed design models of roadway configurations including existing road structure, drainage network, mainline and ramps.
- Provide Proof Roll Inspection for subgrade and gravel base
- Work with Survey team to stake out baseline, shoulder, waste quantities, borrow quantities – validate Conformity with design, and confirm thickness of gravel and as-built survey at completion of project.
- Liaise with Environmental team to seek all required regulatory approvals
- Preparation of roadway construction plan sets, specifications and cost estimates.
- Coordination of project tasks with other disciplines and team members.
- Client interaction
- Prepare Construction Tender& Evaluate bid winners.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related area of study
- 10+ years of highway and roadway design experience
- Proficiency in roadway design and modeling using Micro Station/InRoads and AutoCAD/Civil 3D computer software
- Registered Professional Engineer in Alberta, or the ability to obtain within six months of hire
- Knowledge and experience with highway and roadway construction plan preparation
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- P.Eng. License.