- Analyzes facility requests, available and existing lines, and estimates future facility requirements to determine new construction or rearrangements and removals required.
Coordinates with field supervisor in the selection of construction routes and equipment required for work projects.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and work schedule.
- Initiates work authorization request.
- Determines utility systems that must be located and maintained during construction.
- Directs activities involved in search of city and county records to ascertain ownership of properties, and disposition of rights along streets, alleys, and highways.
- Interprets county policy regarding purchase of property, or payments and terms of agreements for permits and easements to install facilities on property belonging to other parties.
- Negotiates with landholders for access routes and restoration of roads and surfaces.
- Purchase or acquire right-of-way or obtains permits, licenses, and agreements. Update and maintain existing leases and right-of-way.
- Coordinates with subscribers/business office personnel for proposed construction or damage claims resulting from construction activities.
- Releases information to public regarding right-of-way agreements and arranges for modification or release of existing agreements.
- Directs activities of surveying crews in surveying right-of-way and lines for new construction.
- 2-year degree in related field(4-year degree in civil engineering/GIS a plus)
- 2-3 years’ experience in site acquisition and contract negotiation (Experience in permitting a plus)
- Experience in road acquisition
- Exceptional interpersonal skill
- Must be able to work independently.